Epson 3200 vs. Nikon LS4500AF

Well, the main advantage of 3200 is scanning MF, but the problems we can see here stay there - unnatural color (I had all the possible casts starting with pinkish you can see on this picture and ending with blue meanie).

My main problem and question would be if there is an easy way to lessen it by usin different films/or some simple PS action ? Now I have to spend tonns of time correcting curves in PS.

And thank you very much for posting the comparison.

Sincerely yours,

K.Rivkin

In reality to get good colour from colour neg you need a specific profile for the film type and probably for the batch of film and to be exact the actual roll to account for processing variations. It's simply not practical to compare scanners on their colour neg handling capabilities - this is a software issue. We have to look at resolution, colour registration, dynamic range and possibly the particular dust removal software. In short colour neg is not a good medium to compare scanners.

More comparisons in B&W. I noticed as I prepaired this one that scanning each one produced different Mb. file sized. Nikon @ 1200dpi = 14.5 Mb.

Epson @ 1200dpi = 112.23 Mb. This happened also with the color demonstration listed above. The files sizes were different, about the same. This is T-max (4x5) developed in Microdol-X in the Thermojobo that I constructed out of a wide mouth Thermos food jug.<div>006nyO-15732784.jpg.0bd6cfafb4de18d58204be75179295a3.jpg</div>