Test made with Canos 10d and 1Ds.Problems with high-light?

So I finnaly maneged to put my hands on the Canon SLR digitals...I'm

considering going from my present combo (Provia 100+ Coolscan 4000)

to the 10d so I had to check for my self. The photos are here

www.andrevallejo.net ,justo follow the "Dicas e Testes" link. In

general very good image from the cameras. Only bad surprise was the

extreme noise with the 10d when using ISO 400 and over under bright

sun light. Just check the photos of the worker in the open space

(filename has the shooting data) and tell me what you think about

it...What could be wrong?

Perhaps you could provide a link to the specific photos you'd like to show us, rather than making us go on a wild goose chase. I don't know enough spanish anymore and I don't see any shooting data either.

The 10D is known for producing some of the lowest noise images out there, better than many films at the same or slower speeds. Im curious to see what you are referring to as extreme noise.

Andre, like Carl says, a link would be good. But please bear in mind when trawling the web for information to justify your new purchase, a web site doesn't make anybody a competant photographer, and least of all pictures published on one as they are rarely of printable/critical quality. The 10d is very noise free at 400ASA, sun or not, and any noise could have been added later in over processing the image in Photoshop. Search your subject 'Canon 10d noise' in Photonet, and I am sure you will be re-assured. There are plenty of people here who use the 10d as a professional tool and would not tolerate anything but the best.

Andre,

I'm not in love with the EOS 10D as many here know but I can tell you absolutly that the 10D is a VERY low noise camera EVEN at ISO 400 and is still very good at ISO 800 exposed correctly. An EOS 1Ds will out perform it on paper and on screen only due to the sheer size of the imager and number of pixels.

HTH

>"justo follow the "Dicas e Testes" link" That's a very strange link in English! :)

>"Only bad surprise was the extreme noise with the 10d when using ISO 400" Hmmm... My 10D has almost non-existent noise at ISO 400 - far less than most 400 film. Best wishes . . .