cf500 gone/back / gone again

dave margon

hi,

i do nature photography..

it would be nice if hasselblad had a cfe500mm.

i currently use a 350mmsa with a converter but if i could start with a 500 and convert it to

1000 that would be really nice.

i assume the reason that they have offered and then pulled the offer a couple of times is

because they want to clear old stock, but surely it wouldnt be hard to retrofit the contacts

for the apature to these lenses to make them more appealing...

oh well one can only live in hope.

anyone else want ao 500cfe?

The only question is would there be enough demand for such a lens that it could be

affordable. I am happy with my Apotessar, since I use it on my 500C/M and 2000FCW, I do

not have a need for the electric contacts in my lenses. All of my other lenses are C's and

F's. Zeiss and Hasselblad claim that the 350mm and 300mm (TPP) with converters

outperform the 500 CF. This may be true, but they won't give you 1000mm with just one

converter.

Taras

<<hi, i do nature photography.. it would be nice if hasselblad had a cfe500mm. i currently use a 350mmsa with a converter but if i could start with a 500 and convert it to 1000 that would be really nice. >>

How well are are you going to focus with an effective f/16 and how many shots will work with the slow shutter speeds you'll get unless shooting ISO 800 film, or maybe ISO 400 but only in bright daylight?