Cheap alternative to Arca-type QR?

jemini_joseph

I own Kirk BH-1 for my 500mm. Now I would like to have the same QR

system for my smaller tripod so that I don't have to switch the QR

plate each time I want to use different tripod. I do have a small

tripod and head without QR and using Manfrotto 3299 QR Assembly. The

cheapest Arca-type QR I found so far is Acratech. It's still $79

Is there any cheaper brands? I don't care about strength or finish.

It should take arca style plates. That's all.

Thanks in advance

Jemini

Jemini, what you want is at http://www.newtechmachineco.com/

I have one of their clamps and they are very nice - not quite up to Arca Swiss quality, but for half the price they are a steal. I use the clamp and screw it on to any and everything. I have a small tripod with a cheap little ballhead and this clamp instantly transforms it into A-S compatible. I even use it on my little tabletop tripod! I needed this clamp and a big plate for a rush order and when I contacted them they sent it instantly - I received it the next day before I had even sent out the check to pay for it! I've had the clamp and plate for almost a year and had no problems with it. The clamp prices range from $35 and up depending on what size you need. I highly recommend them. I guess after such a glowing review I should make it clear that I am not affiliated with Newtech in any way, just a satisfied customer.

Del

Thaks a lot guys. I've looked at all these. This is exactly what I wanted. The perfected stuff and newtechmachineco are the cheapest it seems. Byt newtechmachineco's smallest one is out of stock. That looks exactly like kirk and AS. Thanks again