Cross Processing

I've searched for answers to this but haven't found anything recent,

as I know various new films have entered the market. I am wondering

what films do you like best to use for cross processing and if people

might be able to post some cross processed photos from various types

of film. Any help would be appreciated.

http://hotwired.lycos.com/webmonkey/99/23/index3a_page4.html?tw=design

Check this page page 4 and 5

I use for cross an old dia films i buy them for small money about 0.5� per film and its the best for cross experience.Must be an dummy to buy an new film for crossing.

All of the films is something special maybe is the best kodak ektachrome 320 tungstean film.

Damien, have you crossed any films before? It's almost easier to list films not to use. Velvia 50 will be pretty wild and most don't like it. At the other end, is Kodak EPJ 360T, a tungsten film that some find too grainy. There are so many favorites. I'm suprised you didn't find anything in your search, did you try google?

I'm using up a bunch of frozen(but now outdated)Kodak EB2(EliteChrome 100)that works well for me crossed.It seems to like over-exposure of between 1.5-2 stops. Under-exposure introduces a pronounced orange cast to fair complexions than can get downright ugly. It's also very unkind to older skin. I just got some preliminary studio stuff back and was shocked by how leathery crossed EB2 and medium-high contrast lighting made this women look.Very different results from my available light experiments.

Hi All,

I've used cross process for a couple of years now. Began with some wedding photos for uniqueness...maybe not anymore, and most recently for pics for a couple of hair salons.

In my experience velvia 50 .... metered at iso 50 and pushed 1 stop looked best. It has a strong yellow and red tinge. For the hair salon pics done in the studio I overexposed the models' face by 2stops(flash) so the faces were white and not yellowish.

Cross process increases contrast and grain. I've also tried with Fuji Provia, Kodak Ektachrome 400 X, Kodak Epp 100, and Agfa RSX 100 . By far velvia looked the best.

I appologize...I meter the Velvia at ISO 80 then push 1 stop. This makes the exposure pretty much bang on. For people I always use fill flash so they don't look too yellow.

I push it 1 stop to increase the contrast...you get really strong blacks. It looks very sharp.

• 2 weeks later...

I use EPN mostly for crossing. Nice neutral (for crossprocessing) skintones,

white skin comes out WHITE. No emense color shifts but punchy colors

galore. Overal cast tends to be blue/magenta, once you cut out the initial

green casting. <p>

I scan my negs on my older nikon coolscan (LS-2000) or a friends Imacon.

The nikon gives me pretty much spot on results everytime, the imacon i have

to cut out the green a fair bit, but thats just like hand printing.<p>

I think Hans must work for Fuji, they hate people crossing their films :-)

• 4 years later...

I don't particularly wish to join the sledge Hans club, but to describe Cross processing as a "passing fad" borders on the ridiculous. I first

cross processed a film about 20 years ago. It is an imaging tool like so many others at our disposal, the real measure of any technique is

has it been used as a special effect, or as an integral aesthetic device to ehance an images communicative potential.Just as you wouldn't

use a Holga or Linhof M679 exclusively for every shot nor will you use cross processing, but isn't it great we have so many different

sandboxes to play in. Cheers