a few shots from SF city hall

roger_michel

You can usually find your protester carrying his sign up and down Market Street. I have several pictures. He usually has an 'impeach' whoever is in office on his sign before it goes off into the ozone or the galaxies. You can often find him on the SE side of Market between First and Fremont Streets around noon. One of the City's many colorful characters. I have several pictures of him. Best.

<p>

Nice photos! I've been meaning to go up to City Hall to check out the ceremonies (it's just

a few blocks from my apartment)...

</p>

<p>

A little more on the "sole protestor": He is probably the most dedicated "protestor" in SF

today. Where there's a march/gathering/rally, there he is carrying his sign. I forget his

name but I have it in my notes somewhere. He told me he is a reincarnation of some

prince or king that rules or used to rule the "12 galaxies" (see? it's on his

incomprehensible sign!) and some people -- the government, others, "them" -- are

keeping him from returning to his place of origin and plotting again his eventual

reascension to the throne. He's totally out of his mind, and no one is ever sure of what

he's protesting. But when you talk to him, he will

tell you that he's been interviewed by reporters from pretty much all the local TV stations

in San Francisco, and some famous anchors have even given him rides (he's very proud of

that fact...).</p>

-Kevin