Reminder: SoFla meeting Feb 14

I'm figuring that anybody coming from the South can find their way to I-95 via 836, the Airport Expressway, or the Palmetto Expressway. If you're coming from the North on the Turnpike get onto I-95 at the big spaghetti snarl that also intersects with the Palmetto Expressway. Get off I-95 at the 135th St./ Opa Locka Blvd. exit. At that point Opa Locka Blvd. is one way West and just to the south is N.W. 135th St. which is one way East. You want to go EAST! At this point you're at about N.W. 6th Ave. You want to go East just a bit under 1.5 miles to N.E. 8th Ave. and turn right. The Armory will be on your right about a block down, just past the playground. There's plenty of on street and off street parking, plus a parking area at the public library directly across the street, and at the Chamber of Commerce bldg. on 131st St. just south of the library. Any kids you see will most likely be Haitian or Hispanic with perhaps a few Filipinos. We have an extremely low crime rate, and the people are friendly. No need to be afraid. Regardless of what Jay said! If anybody needs more specific directions Email me for my cell # and I'll talk with you. ~ Al

<<We have an extremely low crime rate, and the people are friendly. No need to be afraid. Regardless of what Jay said!>>

Al's right. There's no need to worry, even crackheads know that film cameras have no street value anymore.

Thanks Jay, I knew we could count on you to remind us that we didn't have to drive all the way up to your neighborhood in Broward County to purchase our illicit drugs. Next you'll be telling us that the transvestite prostitutes are better up that way too, and no doubt they are, because there are none around here. We do have some excellent dentists, though.

Really? Small world. I'm semi-retired from the dental lab business, still keep my hand in it on a small scale. I know about a two dozen likkewise who stay in Florida at least part of the year and all of them are avid photo buffs in fact four beside myself are Leica guys too. I'm looking forward to this meeting if the weather isn't so terrible that I can't drive over.

I did lab work when I first moved to FL. The state doesn't have reciprocity and everyone (dentists, physicians, CPA's, attorneys, even chiropractors!) moving in to the state has to take the FL board exams to get licensed. For someone out of school close to 30 years that's not an easy task. I've got a tremendous respect for you career lab guys, you're like the guys who used to build Leicas back in the 50's-60's...real perfectionists.