Source of 120 transparancy film and processing - Las Vegas & Tucson

tony_cunningham

Hopefully someone will have more current information, but there is a 3 year old post pretty closely related. It's about pro labs and pro camera stores, but you have to think they would have pro films.

A quick way to get to it is a Google search for "camera store Las Vegas."

If one of those places is still around, it would at least be an option or a starting place for the research.

Another maybe better and probably cheaper idea is to order it from a good, reputable mail order firm, and have it sent to your hotel. I ordered film from B&H with no problems (that's a New York to Vegas flight), but a LA place is a a pretty short flight. This time of year the temperatures shouldn't be problematical, and unless color fastness is really an issue (i.e., no Photoshop), that's what I'd do.

i could only guess that its as good now as it was when i did a shoot there (vegas) in 2002

- all pro gear and supplies.

Casey's Cameras

1550 East Tropicana Avenue

Las Vegas, Nevada 89119

Phone: (702) 736-0890

Fax: (702) 736-7950

from what i remember, its right next door to the Liberace museum...

p

Casey's has moved to the north side of Tropicana, just west of its old location next to the Liberace Museum.

E-6 processing must be done at either:

Michael's Photo Lab, about two blocks west of Casey's (SW corner of Maryland Parkway and Tropicana).

Color Reflections, 4600 S. Polaris Ave. While on Tropicana, go two lights west of I-15, then north 1 1/2 blocks on Polaris.

Allen's has closed.

Michael's also sells 120 film. Another 120 film source is at Sahara Camera, at Eastern and Sahara.

Running around buying film is a waste of time for someone in town for a short while. B&H Photo and Video will ship FedEx and you can have the parcel held at a FedEx depot for personal pickup, thus avoiding the heat here. The nearest FedEx to the airport is on Eastern, north of Sunset and south of Russell, at the east side of the airport.

Keep in mind that Las Vegas camera stores are getting anxieties about stocking too much film, so on any give day your favorite choices maybe out of stock. Pay up front and they might hold stock for you.

Of course, you *MIGHT* luck out and find one roll of what you need in stock at a Wolf's or Ritz. What poor, pathetic excuses for a "camera store."

• 4 years later...

Okay,one store I can absolutely say do not use for processing film in Vegas is Sahara!!!Took

in 21 rolls of 220 and they ruined them all.Chemical burns-dirty rollers-bad chemicals and 2

weeks of shooting gone!!!!