Able to search by camera?

michael_connaghan

Thanks Bob. Yes, I think it would be of huge benefit to be able to search the gallery by camera model, especially as part of the learning process - how often have I looked at a shot and thought "if only I had the right equipment..". By seeing what someone can do with the same equipment as you would be very beneficial. Hopefully the powers that be will consider this suggestion.

I guess one day it might be an option. The database and associated software are constantly evolving.

I wouldn't get so hung up on equipment though. I'd guess that 90% of the quality of any image is due to the photographer, not which make or model of camera or lens is being used.

Could even be 98%!

However if people WANT to be able to search on the basis of equipment, it's something we might want to give them, even if maybe as a subscriber premium. Everybody gets into the equipment phase at one time or another. The lucky ones pass through it.

Sometimes an equipment search could be valid, e.g. X-pan. However a format search for "panoramic" might actually be of more use.