60mm Zeiss f3.5 for Rollei 6008i

qdb

I have just purchased a Rollei 6008i, plus 60mm Zeiss F3.5 HFT PQ.

There is relatively little feedback about the Zeiss 60mm lens on this

board, and I would therefore appreciate comment about sharpness /

quality from anyone who is or has used it for any time. I aim to use

this as my "standard" lens.

--

QDB

Quentin,

I purchased the same combo a year ago and am delighted. I posted the same question at that time and got praiseful comments from Dr Kornelius about the technical performance of this lens. You might still find the postings in the archive. Otherwise, great 'standard lens' , although I have recently noticed a small problem with the external aperture needle which seems to stop one third stop wider that what the LEDs indicate. I am posting a question on that in this forum but I am sure it's benign and limited to my own lens.

Rene

• 3 months later...

Since you just bought this lens why don't you tell us about it :^}

The 60mm Distagon is my standard lens and 80% of my photography with the 6008i is taken with this lens. I see people recommending Schneider lenses that are no longer in production including the 60mm Curtagon. I haven't used the Curtagon but if it is better than the 60mm Distagon in any way I would like to see the photos. The 60mm Distagon gives me sharp photos with vibrant colors, especially the greens if you like landscape. I can't recommend it enough.

It "works as advertised" so far as sharpness is concerned.

60mm is a very effective and useful focal length. I also have a Mamiya 7II with a 65mm lens. Everyone knows how sharp this rangefinder's lenses are. The Zeiss 60mm is just as sharp in my view, and I am a pretty critical user. Very low distortion, too.

80% plus of my images are now taken with the 60mm. I don't really understand why it is not more popular.

My only problem is that the lens mis-reports the aperture to the body at certain stops. For example, if I set F5.6, it reports around half a stop slower. In practice this seems to make little difference, but it is irritating (it is not the body, as there are no probs. with other lenses). I bought the lens second-hand so possibly it needs servicing.

--

Quentin