Nikkor on Pentax, heresy?

michellemandat

Heresy ... no. Mounting lenses of different manufacture on an slr camera has always been one of the attractions of the interchangeable-lens slr.

Optimistic ... yes. Finding enough "meat" on the body of the Nikkor to securely mount a Pentax bayonet is likely to be difficult, even with the aperture locked open.

Good luck.

The film plane to lens flange distance on a Nikon is different (longer I think) than Pentax ,or anything else I know of for that matter. This means that the lens will not focus properly on a pentax body even if you could mount it easily. Used to be a guy in NYC named Forscher who did this kind of thing. Very expensive. More than the cost of 200mm Pentax lens. As I remember, you can adapt Pentax lenses to many bodies. Most lenses cannot be adapted to Pentax bodies.

• 2 weeks later...
The register distance is indeed longer for nikon so at least it IS POSSIBLE-infinity focus will acheivable which is the nain thing.I found i could use a nikkor 105/2.5 on various Kmount cameras as it was!It would only just catch on the mount flanges and had to be used stopped down but it took excellent pics.The main reason i did that is because i had one allready and kmount 100mm lenses are rare and expensive.FYI i have modified a nice f3.5 telezoom konica lens to accept an eos mount.

• 4 years later...