Too good to be true Photoshop for cheap.

I have a friend who works for Adobe. I know that sounds like a fib, but I tell the truth, and hope you will listen.

Be careful of places selling Photoshop CS (8) for more than 20% off the original price (of $649.00.) Places who sell Photoshop CS (Or any Adobe Product for that matter) for $99.00 are selling you a backup copy of the software. They will send you a serial number for "installation purposes" or tell you that "If you need a serial number for installation, we will provide information on how to obtain one."

If durring Activation of Photoshop CS, (which is mandatory after 30 days after installing Photoshop, regardless of use) you are denied, you might not have a legit copy, and are asked to contact adobe to find out if theres anything you can do.

The most frequent calls to Adobe are activation calls with serial numbers that are obtained from "www.ibackups.com" This site is operating legitimately. Their "Terms of Service" says that they are selling you a backup copy of the software you want, and telling you that you won't be able to get your money back.

If you see an Adobe product on eBay.com, it's perfectly legal to buy it, but there?s a catch. You must request a transfer of license from the seller. That form can be found on the adobe website. They fill out half the information, and send you the Transfer of license form for you to fill out the rest and fax it in. (Search on the adobe website for "TOL" or "Transfer of License" AND this is only if you wish to upgrade or request support for that product after you buy it.) Serial numbers that say "invalid serial number" at the time of registration through the adobe website are usually registered to another customer.

If they are selling OEM software (which originally did not come with your computer, the software may not work. OEM software does a hardware check most of the time.)

ALSO, it's perfectly legal to sell your software online or in a newspaper. (TOL included with it.)

One more thing: IF YOU LOOSE YOUR SOFTWARE SOLD BY AN AUTHORIZED RESELLER OF ADOBE PRODUCTS, AND YOU HAVE A GOOD SERIAL NUMBER, you CAN buy a replacement CD directly from them. They sell replacement CDs of currently distributed products. (Usually for $10 plus shipping.)

If you have any questions, "customer service representatives are available to speak with you seven days a week from 6 a.m. to 8 p.m., Pacific time. Just call toll-free at 888-724-4508" (Quote from the http://Store.Adobe.com website. This number can help you out with registration and serial number problems.)

If you suspect piracy, you can also call the 1-888 number listed above to ask questions about a website you suspect might not be selling legit copies of Adobe software. They can answer any Licensing question you might have, and they are happy to do it. Trust me, I know. ;-)

Please trust my information. All of it can be found at http://www.adobe.com and it is the truth.

I hope this helps you all out.

~TJ