Hasselblad A12 film loading problem

ernie_gec

I just bought a 500C Hasselblad with an A12 back. My problem is this.

When I load the film and advance the magazine winder it doesn't stop

ie. I can crank the film right through to the other spool without

interuption. I thought the crank stopped automatically at the proper

index point for the first exposure. Am I doing something wrong, or

does the camera need adjustment?

Any advice appreciated.

An A 12 will stop,if not it needs service.Send it only to Hassey in New Jersey, it will cost about $100 but they will fix it right the first time.I learned this the hard way. I let two hassey repair centers work on one of mine two times about $150 total and a few months without the back then sent it to hassey direct and they fixed it for $90.00.

Also make sure its a a12 back because the 12 backs don`t stop.The way to check is to look on the rear of the back, if the door opens its a 12 back not A12.

If it's truly an A12 it needs service; send it to Hasselblad, nowhere else. If it's of the same vintage as the camera body I'm not surprised that it needs service.

If, otoh, the back has a little trapdoor on the back side it's a #12 and doesn't stop. You look through the peephole until you see frame #1, then shut the door and turn the crank counterclockwise to reset the frame counter.

This happened to me once when I didn't have the shutter cocked all the way. If you are loading film with the A12 back attached to the body, then make sure the crank is turned all the way before you load the back. I ran through a couple of rolls of film before I figured it out. Now, does anyone have any ideas on how to go about respooling 120 film?