Free Kodak film update!

Oh boy I guess those people in Rochester made a mistake or were

being extra nice for christmas. I sent in my form for 5 free rolls

of Portra UC in mid september. I got a UPS package with 3-2 roll

packs. But they were grey market, said made in the EU and in french.

I wonder whats up with that? So in effect I got 6 rolls for 5...

Not only that, I was getting worried that I hadent received it yet

so I sent off an email right before I got that first package asking

abotu it and today I got ANOTHER UPS package, this time with a USA

market 5 roll pro pack. 11 rolls for 5!!

Anyone else have this kinda wonderful experience?

Mary: I like the Portra UC. I havn't scanned my last roll which was shot under daylight, but here is a pic shot under straight flourescent lighting, no flash. The last pics I got back were shot under daylight, the pics were quite nice...just havn't scanned negs yet.<div>006puy-15783384.jpg.0f5366c7bd617e522108ef8d5dac02be.jpg</div>

Does anybody know how to contact Kodak via e-mail?

The prospect of free film was intriguing so I tried to join the Kodak web site. When I got to the address section I found that Arizona, my home state, was not listed in their drop down menu. However, they apparently think Guam and Puerto rico are states. No wonder folks keep bashing Kodak, they can't even manage a web site correctly.

For those that asked the 5 for 5 was a promotion that Kodak was running last spring/summer. They have a new promotion that only includes slide film, I beleive the 2 new G slide films. Go to any decent photo lad and they should have some little rebate slips. They also periodicly advertise it in some photo magazines.

"Gray market"? Nah - Kodak wouldn't do that. I have some 2-roll packs (USA) bought from B&H that look just like that. They're probably labeled for marketing in the US and Canada. E.U. = Estados Unidos = United States in Spanish, and it also means United States in French (but the words aren't Estados Unidos obviously, but are similar). French is the one of two official languages of Canada, English being the other. And look at most Made in the USA stuff you buy, it says Made in E.U. on it for Estados Unidos. At least, that's probably the origin of your film, as I doubt KODAK would encourage you to support foreign labeled film by sending you some.

>Raymond Sutyak , dec 22, 2003; 04:31 p.m.

When I got to the address section I found that Arizona, my home state, was not listed in their drop down menu. However, they apparently think Guam and Puerto rico are states.

No, they think they are US territories--which they are. Why make a special field for them?