Reverse filter adapter

wharridge

I read this on another forum:

"Do not know if it is still available new from Nikon, but they

made/make a BR-3 adapter ring, mounts to the bayonet of a reversed

Nikkor lens and gives you a 52mm filter mount."

Did Oly ever make something like this for the OM line ?

I've been an OM user for almost twenty years and I've never seen or heard of anything like that from Olympus. There's a company in England that made a specialty of machining adapters to do things like you're describing, but I think they've scaled back their offerings because the demand has fallen off. (Sorry but I can't remember their name right now.)

If you're reversing a lens on top of another lens to do macro work you can thread a filter on between the two lenses. Would that solve your problem?

The UK company that Mark was referring to is SRB Film Services, who don't sell film, but sell filters and all sorts of adapters to adapt most things to most other things. They will also make anything for you that they don't have as standard. I had a quick look through their website and didn't see what you are after, but they do sell T2 mounts for Olympus, and you could glue a filter stepping ring to the back of one of these to give you the same effect. This would be cheaper than going down the custom build route.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Alan

http://www.srbfilm.co.uk/index1.html