Raw Converter for 10D

david enzel

You can defitely hack the Camera Raw plug in for photoshop, you use a Hex editor, and it's really easy (you're just changing the word d60 to 10D in the file)

. Only downside is that as you're using the d60 profile the colors might be a bit out.

Breezebrowser is your simplest bet, works well, is based on Canon's SDK.

Capture one LE, IMHO, is the best option, but more expensive than BB.

Don't use the Canon software unless you enjoy suffering!!!

Cheers

ROb

Sorry Roberto, but to my knowledge BreezeBrowser is a Windows only program, and

the Capture One program does not support the 10D on the Mac until October 2003.

Hacking the Adobe Camera RAW plugin is the best option and has worked great for

me.

You have to buy the Camera RAW plugin from Adobe for $99.00, then go to

versiontracker.com and pick up a copy of a freeware Hex Editor to do the

modification to make it work with the 10D.

There are sites on the web that describe the process, it really is simple, but I don't

have them bookmarked anymore.

I have been staying away from shooting in RAW mode for a few weeks since I got my 10D as the bundled RAW converter/viewer is very slow and not user friendly at all. Initially I was going to buy the Adobe plug-in but US$99 for just a plug-in is not cheap and I still need to hack Photoshop so it will read and convert 10D files. I have also heard a rumour that the Camera RAW plug-in will become part of the package in the next major release of photoshop.

So I went for the Phase One Capture one DSLR Limited Edition for the same price (US $99). They also offer a Pro version for US$499 with not a lot more features, but for those who own EOS 1DS and Nikon D1X only the Pro version reads their RAW files.

It's a stunning piece of software with doubles up as a viewer and more importantlly workflow manager and post exposure editor. The best part is that the downloaded trial version is the same version you keep when you have paid and activated the software with the product key and activation key issued from them.

So download the trial version with a 15-day license and I'm sure you'll be amazed by its capabilities. Yes they do offer a Mac version.

http://www.phaseone.com/en/

I totaly agree with Tsung I just installed Phase One Capture one DSLR Limited Edition for (US $99) It has allot more features than the Canon File viewer. In addition it is allot faster. I would reccomend it to anyone with 10D

Greg