Comparision between 75-150E & 85 F1.8 quality

sushil

I love my 75-150E, it is as sharp as I need, has excellent closeup ability, and wonderful bokeh (better than my 85/1.8). But it is 2 stops slower wide open, which makes a big difference under many conditions.

I'll see about taking a picture or two so you can see the difference.

Steve

I've used both and sold the 75-150 because it had a tendency to creep so it wasn't useable on a tripod without some tricks which I wasn't prepared to do. It's a good zoom but didn't have the delicious crisp colour of the 85 prime. Certainly it was very good at the short end. However, like many other telezooms, the 75-150E I had was a little muddy at the long end. It's constant aperture and very compact, so if you can find one without the creep problem, it can be a practical lens.

Thank you Mr.Steve Chan for your effort and information. From the pictures I dont see much difference (to my eye) in the image quality. I think at present I don't need the fastness of 85mm lens. I mainly take portraits of kids at home. I think flexibility of zoom and Bokeh too are important. Price is a matter too.

Ikka Nisila, I got one on ebay with out zoom creep for 100$. I am going to get it.