Nikon's response to Canon's Rebel 300D?

dan_andrews

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Note that this is a worldwide forum, and if Nikon USA doesn't have good service, I can tell you that the service in Finland is excellent.

If IS and USM are that important to you, then go with Canon, it's an obvious choice. They're not important to me, and a high-eyepoint viewfinder (introduced by Nikon in '83) allow me to see the whole frame without pain, something I cannot do with any full-frame Canon camera that I've tried. If you want to shoot blindly, that's your choice but I prefer to see the image before pressing the button. Also, it's nice that AF works reliably even in low light.

As far as prices are concerned, when I started out, Canon primes in my country were about 20% more expensive than Nikon's and that again underlined my choice. The only innovation that Canon has come out with which is very significant is the 1Ds, but I'm sure that once its price reaches a level that allows me to think of buying one, Nikon has come out with a full-frame DSLR. If you guys are so hot on new technology, then why are you writing to the Nikon forum in the first place? Nikon is a conservative company, although not quite as conservative as Leica. There are good and bad things that come out of that. And why aren't you bashing Minolta and Pentax, which have followed Canon even less? Why does this particular forum get so much non-photography-related discussion? Get a life people.

Observing so many people posting thoughts on a wide variety of things in a single thread hardly about Nikon gear and photography, I wish moderators would create additional forums to prevent discussions from going this wild, like:<br><br>

Marketing geek forum<br>

Tech geek forum<br>

Thought execises and commonsense forum<br>

Stating the obvious as arguments forum<br>

I have an answer for everything forum<br>

Power sychopant forum<br>

Nikon sucks forum<br>

Canon kicks ass forum<br>

Mine is bigger forum<br>

"Nikon is a conservative company, although not quite as conservative as Leica."

Their advertising and website guff claims they are world leaders in photography and technology. If I had thought they were a 'conservative' company I would have gone Canon from day one.

"There are good and bad things that come out of that. And why aren't you bashing Minolta and Pentax, which have followed Canon even less?"

In my own case the answer is because I own Nikon equipment. Few people consider Minolta and Pentax as suitable for pro-use. If I wanted to go pro (laughs) I would seriously have to decide whether to stick with Nikon.

#1 We live in a Geek filled world

#2 Both Nikon,Canon & the others produce cameras for PROFIT.

#They;the manufacurers(by large)produce cameras for geeks.

Even as a Nikon user(5 Bodies & 16 lenses) I would sell most but not all of them if someone,I don't care who,produced a DSLR with a GOOD viewfinder,SHORT shutter lag & a reasonable lens line.

As of late NO one has done so.

• 4 months later...