Colour processing - who's the best?

You didn't say slides or C41 film.

For slides, I'd say to get Fuji mailers. For C41 negatives and prints I'd say A&I (you can get the mailers from B&H Photo). They do slides, also, but for more than Fuji. As I said in an earlier thread, I've used Kodak mailers for a long time for C41 negative film, but now that they have converted over to their Perfect (HA!) Touch processing, (at least at Fairlawn, NJ mailing center) I can't recommend them anymore. The last two batches I got back from there were perfectly awful.

You can use National Geographic's Lab in Washington DC as a mail order processor, but it is more expensive than A&I. That's where I take my important stuff, but I live in the DC area.

Colab used to be good, but i haven't used them for a while...<br> For E6 you should try Metro, they have a very good reputation. <br>For C41... well, I've been looking for a long time and haven't found a really good lab yet.<br> For photo cd - to my surprise the best quality scans came back from Truprint but... it took them 3 weeks (and the prints were pretty bad). Even though I'll be using them again, just haven't found any other lab that could give me better results.<br>

Photo mags review postal labs quite often so you should see which one they rate high.