someone try the "Professional Slide Copier" find on ebay or thing like this

I had never heard of this "thing" but searched eBay and found one "for the 10D". Looks interesting but I wonder how good that close-up lens is and what the results might be like with a Canon or Nikon twin-element close-up lens instead ...

I have seen attachments like this back in the good old days of film (I think it was back in the nineties, gee were we ever that young!). They fit on the front of a lens with a slot in the side for the slide or film and a white plastic plate behind. They work a little better on long lenses but some lenses won't focus that close. You aim your camera and lens with this at a light or flash the put a slide in then shoot away.

A few tips if you are doing this;

Use your flash meter for the exposure at the lens front and set the camera for manual.

Take a white card reading from the white plastic without a slide in it for a custom white balance.

Manual focus.

Check your histogram for exposure.

If the images that you are trying to copy are even slightly important to you, I wouldn't bother with this type of adapter. Just get a cheap flatbed scanner with a transparency adapter and you'll be doing better.

Or just be smart and get a used HP s20xi scanner for $100 and be WAY better off.