(leica user) lens recommendation for a FM2

tao

I mostly use leica m cameras with 50, 35, 90 and 24mm lenses

however I need to do some macro work and have at least one

lens around 90-200mm<br>

could you recommend me a good all in one lens ? or one for

macro (90mm?) and one zoom <br>

thank you

Nikon's 105mm f/2.8 Micro is a great lens. Nice edge-to-edge sharpness and good working distance. I have only used the AF version of this lens so I cannot talk about the Manual Focus version from experience (although I have heard other talk very highly of this version). The 55mm Micro (Manual Focus) is a good (and cheaper alternative) but, I kindda like having those extra couple of inches when doing Macro work (especially if you are working with live subject, or if you are using flash and want to prevent unwanted-shadows in your images created by your lens-camera set-up).

Another vote for 105 AF micro -- my staple macro lens.

If you want something lighter and do not mind using non-Nikon, try the Tamron 90mm AF macro. It is a great lens and the out-of-focus highlights are better the 105 nikkor.

If macro is a temporary need and you'd rather get done as cheaply as possible, then look at the Vivitar 105 AF/MF macro lens. It only goes to 1:2 (1:1 with a supplied diopter) but is biting sharp. Great value for money ...

Another good, low cost macro would be the Kiron 105/2.8 (OEM'ed to Lester Dine as well). It is very high quality construction, goes to 1:1 and is very, very sharp with reasonable OOF areas (imo, better than my 85/1.8 AFD).

I picked up the Lester Dine version on the Evil Auction Site for about $90 in excellent condition. The Kiron goes for about the same.

Laurent

The Vivitar lens is made by Cosina as are most of teh other lenses except Tamron.

The Cosina lens is FANTASTIC even considering the Nikon lens. I have used it several times-borrowed from a friend.

The CosinaJp Website has/had some beautiful flower closeups taken with that lens.

Cheers

heers