Purchasing from Robert White Photography

frank_kimble

I received a Rollie 6008i kit along with 3 Schneider lenses and other

related Rollie accessories from Robert White last week. As always the

service from him was prompt and smooth. I wasnt able to test the lenses until this past weekend, but first shot on the F4/300 stuck the aperature closed down to about F16. Robert requested I return the lense to him via UPS 2 day air at his expense. I did so and he informed me this AM the lens was to be delivered to his office today and a new factory checked lens from Rollei was on the way to him for shipment to me this week. A possible delay at this point may develop

due to the extreme fuel shortage in the UK for deliveries.

It really is hard to get better than this when something goes wrong.

On another note, I wonder what's going wrong with Rollei quality and

Schneider lenses as Doug Blackwell has described an aperature problem on a 2.8/180 he recently received from B&H on another post.

Larry Burk

One more satisifed client:

I ordered a Mamiya 7II kit (they had the best offer in the market) by fax in order to avoid problems with my credit-card nr. circulating on the web. I received it 24 hours later at my desk in my office ( I live in Geneva). All was perfect, an excellent service really, they even agreed to check that the rangefinder was working ok (weak point observed on a few bodies) before sending the stuff since the warranty is availbale in UK only.

No hidden cost, delivery fees are clearly mentionned if you ask by phone or by e-mail. You only have to check eventual taxes that your residence country may charge for imports.

Definitely a very good site.

• 2 weeks later...

You might want to check www.nicam.it in Milan, Italy

They sell photo items at very good prices. They're serious, efficient and reliable and I guess they can deliver worldwide. Their price list

includes IVA (20%) already.

I bought from them 2 P67II bodies , AE prism, 105 f:2.4, 55 f:4 various films and accessories. I had one P67II body broken down and they took care of the repair.

They usually deliver the same day of the order, very efficient indeed.

With such an exchange rate between euro and dollar you american guys might find the whole thing worth a thought.

The only doubt I have is whether they can handle credit cards payments..

Roberto Manderioli

• 1 year later...