Isabel- Another reason to keep my M6

chris_david

I REMEMBER BOB!!!!!! Only i was in Maine that summer, and by that point it was a big rain storm...

Yes, i know, sometimes I really like the idea of a completely manual camera... as far as i can tell, there is no way to get the film from my RX if the batteries die mid roll...

with my FM, if the batteries die, I just whip out my battery free Sykonic and keep shooting... Still, the electromagnetic quartz timed shutter is prob much more reliable.

I am with Jay. My only daughter lives in Ft. Lauderdale and works professionally as a photographer. ( college art graduated-2 years). When Andrews came, we din't know where it was going to strike. Did I call her to make sure she had battery in her digital camera? No!!! Did I tell her I was happy her Hasselblad+ view camera were pure mechanical and so she would not worry? No fellows, I called the arlines and sent her a ticket. She was in the last plane to leave Ft. Lauderdale to Atlanta area where we live.

Douglas, I have. I lost the power in my... M6. Quick! I changed for the spare battery I always

smartly carry (I am not very good at adapting the «Sunny sixteen» rule for slides under a rapidly

changing sky ;-)) Oups... Still no meter! Turned out it was a bad contact from oxydization of the

battery cover. But it was too late. Learn and live.