Manchester colour print labs, wich one?

Hi all,

a quick question. I have recently moved to Manchester, new town and

country. And now I am trying to find out wich lab I should use.

Back I Sweden I used a great lab called Crimson wich I have been very

pleased with. I hope to find a equivalent of them here.

They used a technique called Frontline (I am not sure if it's their

own or a commercially available one). They both scanned and printed

the image at the same time, and gave you access to the images via the

web (decent sized). So for a good price approx £10 they gave you

digital and paper prints of your pictures.

Now if I only could find someone here in the UK who offered me the

same thing, therefore my cry for hints.

cheers.

Mikael Persson

Mikael,I suspect most of the larger chains here (Boots, Jessops, possibly Max Spielmann) will offer the digital service you want. In the past, I've had scans returned on CD-ROM so I don't know if they have an online offering.The cheapest processing I'm aware of is at Jacobs on Cross Street, but they send films away to a Kodak lab of variable quality.However, for customer service and friendliness, I prefer Advanced Photo on John Dalton Street these days. I've had a few scratched negs on one occasion and a slide mount with a hair through the middle on another; however, I'm not paying for pro service, my expectations from high street labs are fairly low and the crimes committed by the others have been far, far worse (Jessops in particular).If you want guaranteed quality, I understand there's a pro place on Chapel Street. Alternatively, use one of the mail order labs like Peak Imaging.Ade_ /

Thanks for the tips. Well, I have no interest in the high street chains really. I prefer to use the pro labs, those extra quids are worth it in my eyes.

That everyone (almost) offers scanning as an option I am aware of, but that comes as an additional cost. But I will have a look at the lab at Chapel street. I saw Peak Imaging mentioned somewhere else in these forums too, and they seemed quite nice.