Universal Thread Mount

theorist

Rachel, I agree with Al (?). Do not get the screw mount version. Wait to find the Minolta MC/MD mount version (it may only come in MC mount). Check KEH, B&H and Adorama, also. It's worth the wait. With the screwmount adapter, you'll lose full aperture metering.

PS--check your earlier thread for my new response I just posted.

Another choice is the Tamron 90mm f2.5 lens with the Adaptall-2 mounting system. It will fit your camera with an easy and fairly cheap mount, and the auto-diaphragm mechanism will be preserved.

BTW, the Tamron is a copy of the Vivitar, with the identical optical formula. It is also just as good a lens as the Vivitar, and just as well built. I used to own that Vivitar lens in Minolta mount, but I sold it and bought the Tamron because I use cameras from several different brands (Nikon, Canon, Pentax, Minolta, Olympus, and Leica) and the Tamron fits them all with different adapters (each of which costs $15-25 or so). Both are equally great lenses, but the Tamron will be easier to find, since all of them will easily fit your Minolta with the correct adapter. You shouldn't get the Vivitar unless you can find it in a Minolta mount, not Universal Mount, because you will lose the auto diaphragm capability, which makes a big difference in actual use. Unlike other adapter systems, the Tamron Adaptall system preserves the Auto-diaphragm mechanism, and is just like using a lens specifically made with the Minolta mount.