Why no Canon forum available in WAP pages?

stephen_ratzlaff

Hey Bob or Brian, how come the Canon forum doesn't appear in the WAP

served pages?

Only forum pages served in WAP are:

General Question (archived) but stated as moderated

General Question (non-archived) but stated as not moderated.

Medium Format

Nature

And one other test page which errors out.

Any idea if the Canon forum will be added to the list of WAP served

pages?

Well the WAP pages are a completely separate group of pages, and I don't maintain them, I must admit. So they kind of work to the extent that they work. It would be interesting to know how many people are still accessing them. I guess I can tell this from the logs.

just got a 6100 which supports WAP 1.2? and the browser only supports WAP pages so my favorite Photo.net forums don't appear in the WAP served pages.

With the full HTML support of the 9290, this isn't an issue as the web pages appear just as they do on a PC. But, with the 6100, I can only get WAP supported pages.

I like to browse when out shopping with my wife or when waiting for appointments, etc. to kill the time.

I guess with WAP 2.x browsers this will be a moot point as most of the HTML is supported, but with WAP 1.x devices they can only get certain WAP pages.

Oh well.

Yup, I also be interested to see what the WAP traffic is like on Photo.net, maybe, if it's not too much, and the pages will simply disappear. Or ... if it shows a steady increase, maybe you guys (Bob and Brian) can lobby for more supported pages.