RF off on M6 - CLA or more required?

I've been shooting my M6 for over 9 years now, so i guess I shouldn't be surprised,

but the rangefinder is out of whack - at the longer distances, it can be off a few

meters or more. Oddly, this seems to more previlent on my 28 Elmarit than on my 50,

but the distance scales don't agree w/ my EOS or the tape measure.

Is this something that a CLA can address, or is this a more expensive repair/ And,

while i'm freaking out about my wounded baby, is DAG still the best choice, or is

there anyone else yall would reccomend?

Thanks!

Robert, When you send your camera in for a CLA, it is always a good idea to mention the specific things you feel need to be done. A proper CLA should correct the a rangefinder problem. However, having the technician aware of a specific problems will have him/her look for possible causes. DAG, Sherry Krauter and Leica USA are still the best choices. Happy Snaps, Sal

You can perform the horizontal rangefinder adjustment yourself if you're feeling handy. Personally, I wouldn't send it off for a full CLA if this is the only problem.

For details on the adjustment, see Andrew Nemeth's Leica FAQ:

http://www.nemeng.com/leica/034b.shtml

The only tool I needed for this job was a six inch General brand pocket stainless steel ruler. They're about $3 at your nearest hardware store.

Hope this helps.

Regards, David