INconspicuous Leica M bag?

david_craig1

There is a company called "Leather Direct" which sells from highway shops (NY Thruway, PA Turnpike, Ohio Turnpike, etc.) They have a leather shoulder bag which hangs vertically. Its got two zippered pockets and a small flap over pouch. Its abut 5 1/2 x 9, and not bulky at all. I can easily get a Leica w/small lens attached, filters, film, perhaps another lens. It cost $12. (!!!)and its great. Doesn't look anything like a camera bag. The Leica fits the long way with a lens, or the wide way w/o a lens. Plenty of room "on top" in the same compartment for a lens, etc. I carry a cut down grey card and notebook in one of the pockets. Don't know if they are in your area.

Army/Navy store such as Soldiercity.com has some terrific canvas bags that hug the

body, very comfortable and inconspicuous as a camera bag. I bought an ammo

shoulder bag in army green that works well with my M4 plus MR meter/50

Summicron and it even has two small front pockets a for lens shade or external

meter, film etc.

Mitch Wrubel

the aformentioned tenba 13" insert fits like a glove (a well padded glove) into a timbuk2 pee wee -- i mean perfectly, identical in size. the insert's $30 from b+h, the bag is ~$40, and you can get pretty much any color you want, they make 'em in san francisco and have a lifetime warranty. plus you get a third strap for bike rides or a quick jog to the train, very dashing! oh yeah, it's pretty much waterproof too, the inside has a truck tarp liner laminated inside.

For the ultimate in stealth I try to keep my camera carrying options in sync with the seasons. For example, with October coming, I plan to carry my M6, 2 lenses, and meter in a hollowed out pumpkin. The all natural innards can be cut to accomodate any shape and are fully biodegradable, unlike that nasty Tenba foam everyone keeps mentioning. At less than $4, this option really can't be beat. The only downside is that you have to be sure to change bags before Oct 30th as all the neighborhood kids look to smash anything pumpkin related.