this cause vignetting? Normally I would not try this, but it appears

as though this lens was designed using the barrel of the now

infamously cancelled 135mm lens (presumably as a cost-cutting

measure). If you look at a picture of the 100mm lens and the way the

front element is mounted, it appears as though it might be possible

to get away with this step-down ring solution, thereby allowing a

single filter size for all three available lenses. Thanks in advance

for any helpful responses.

Slightly bending the topic..... Could you guys share your opinions on the 100mm as you get some experience with it? Focusing accuracy issues, minimum focus for head and shoulder portrait, optical performance, etc? I really have't run into very much information like this on the lens.

I have the 100mm lens and have had no problems using one 58mm filter - the lens hood seems to be more of a limiting factor as I can not put two filters on the lens and use the Bronica hood. Maybe two 62mm filters would work - but I don't have any that size to try. Great lens but you do have to really watch your focus when closer than 5 feet. Also, I have the other two lenses - super camera - nice sharp results even when hand holding.

I sold my Mamiya 7 to move to the Bronica and have never looked back with a regret. Main reason was I would be doing vertical cropping on the 6x7 Mamiya and end up with a 645 format anyway. The Mamiya is a bear to lug compared with the Bronica and it is not that easy to hold for a verticle shot - but then the Bronica is not that easy to hold for landscape shot. Now I get 16 shots instead of ten. The Bronica auto exposure mode beats the Mamiya meter hands down - I never liked the tiny red leds on the Mamiya - too hard to see. Bronica viewfinder seems much easier to look at - bigger font helps. Not the mention the price difference - the whole 3 lens Bronica kit goes for what a Mamiya body & wide lens would cost.

• 2 weeks later...

I have used the 100mm for about 6 months. The lens is sharp and has exceptional bokeh. The internet wisdom indicates this may be the only modern RF lens with smooth out-of-focus effects with the possible exception of the Mamiya 150mm. However, the 150mm on the M6/7 is often criticized for being difficult to focus. The RF 100mm barrel rotation is similar in ratio to the 65mm and does not take too many turns to focus. The 100mm frame line has a relaxed space around the frame with 2 notched corners position diagonally from each other.

The RF645 is a great environmental portrait/travel/general camera system.