software question

abe_hollander

Believe me, I know where I am. I'm in the Pentax forum. And I'm here 'cause I can't find what I need in Digital

Darkroom, or most any other place on the 'net (the internet, that is) so far. So, I'll see if I can get any help in here.

I use PSE, and - despite my control-freakish ways - I *do* in fact, let Adobe use its cute little application that sits in

my (Windows) system tray that automagically offloads everything from my SD cards when I insert them into the

reader. When it's done, one click to confirm the deletion of files, one click on "OK" when it's cleaned my card, and

it's gone. I then do my own thing with file organization, but you don't care about that.

My Mom has entered the digital (p&s) fray, and I'd love to give her a program like this. Free, of course. How hard

could it be to find such an applet? Hard, I'm finding.

Anyone have any ideas? And if there IS a discussion in DD, what the heck are some of the keywords???

Thanks in advance.

That's probably a great idea... I was gonna lead her towards Faststone, but everyone who's just starting to use Picasa seems to love it.

I am, however, still interested in a "file fetching" applet. I don't know of that feature in Picasa. Literally, she would love to not have to do the transfer part, from the SD card to the hard drive.

Abe, my mum could do with something like that too! Everytime she needs to offload pics she calls me on the phone, and it's really difficult to explain this stuff when the other person is a few thousand miles away and always manages to make the computer do strange stuff ("but I didn't touch anything, dear!"). Let me know how the learning curve is with your mum (my foster mum, I guess) and maybe I'll unleash my biological mother on it too.