I bought a used Luna-Pro Digital F today at the Denver "Camerama"

show. It came with a quick reference card, but didn't have the full

instruction manual. I've figured everything out except for

the "COR" mode. I know that it is for exposure compenstion, but I'm

not quite sure how it works, e.g., what does "rF" mean when you push

the "M" button?

Any help on this or other tips and tricks about this meter would be

greatly appreciated, thanks.

Ken, I've got one of those. As soon as I find the manual I'll let you know for sure, but I think it is for "corded" flash exposure. That is, the flash unit is connected to the camera with a cord, as opposed to a wireless slave unit. Now let me go rummage for the instructions.

I found the mini-refeence card. It says, "Readings can be taken with or without the synchronizing cable.

"_Select the (lightning bolt symbol) with the function buttons."

But it doesn't say to select "COR" for use with a synchronizing cable. So I can't be sure that I told you right. I've got the full manual here someplace. I'll have to stop guessing and go look for it.

When in the COR mode depressing the M establishes a ReFerence measurement. Place the filter in the path of the sensor and press the M button again. This measures the correction factor for the filter. The COR value will be used for all subsequent measuring functions.

To clear COR value press M to display rf and then select any other function button. The box around the COR will disappear.

In addition to what Doug said, when in COR mode, you can change the correction value manually using the value buttons (up/down arrow).

The left-hand figure shows the correction value in stops and 1/10th stops. I understand that the right-hand value shows the extension factor, which is applicable for negative correction values in stops.