Anybody have a lens cap for Olympus RC to sell?

carlomarks

Like the clip-on lens caps, the screw-in metal lens caps will not fit an Oly 35RC unless you have a Hoya filter mounted. The Olympus filters have no front threads to grab onto.

There isn't enough clearance for the serrated ring around the front element to use either the clip-on or screw mount lens caps.

Best Regards - Andrew in Austin, TX

What is so special about the 43.5mm Hoya filter comparing to regular filters? I will get a Oly 35 RC is a few days with the Oly slip-on cap but I plan to buy the screw-on metal cap. As I understand, if you can mount a filter then you can use the screw-on cap.

Try it and you'll see that there is a clearance problem with regards to non-slip on lens caps and certain filters.

Certain filters, such as a polarizer and old Tiffen filters do not clear the serrated ring that surrounds the front element. This ring is used to adjust the film speed.

That said, I still use a polarizer, but I don't screw it on all the way.

Best Regards - Andrew in Austin, TX

Andrew,<br><br>

Thank you for the photo. I see two silver rings. Is the filter thread on the inner silver ring? What is purpose of the outter silver ring? Which one is more forwarding out? Is the ASA dial is the black ring closing to the lens? Is the inner silver ring which mounts the filter(?) is the most forwarding out of the three rings?

I pulled the rubber off a 43.5 collapsable hood (from B&H or somewhere) leaving just the plastic ring, which makes a decent hood by itself. A 43.5 snap-in cap fits perfectly on the ring, and is much more secure than the easily lost push-on cap. The ring doesn't block the meter or the rangefinder window. Just make sure the hood is threaded for filters. I like this set-up so much, I have a similar rig on a S-M-C Takumar 50/1.4.

• 2 weeks later...