Bronica SQA - Long Exposures?

ruicardoso

Hello All,

I just bougth a used Bronica SQA, I do not have a user's manual but

could figure out almost everyting besides how to do exposures of

more than 8 seconds.

Does anyone know if there is some way to use it in Bulb (b) or Time

(t) mode? (Except using multiple exposures of 8 seconds ;)

Thanks All,

-Rui Cardoso

I believe this works the same as my ETRS. On your lens, there will be a switch with a small set screw to hold it in place, turn the set screw so you can flip the switch. Now use any shutter speed you like, the lens will ignore the body telling it close the shutter. To end the exposure, flip the swtich back. Hope that helps.

Peter

As Peter states, the little switch on the under side of your lens. You may also

want to mirror lockup with the flip switch on the right side of the body. Using

your cable release/tripod, I have done this shooting fireworks, lightening, star

trails and other night time stuff for up to 6 hrs. Just lock the cable and go for

coffee.

• 7 months later...

Hi Scot, I read your comment on long exposures with a Bronica SQ-A this evening. As I own a SQ-A myself, I wonder if you could tell me how to avoid exposing a frame when flipping up the mirror lockup? Everytime I flip it up, it exposes. Should I put the dark slide in and remove the filmback prior to mirror lockup?

Once the mirror is locked up, do you use a dark cloth before opening the lens (T setting)? And before shutting the lens, do you cover the lens with a dark cloth?

Sorry if these questions seem very basic, but I have only recently moved up from 35mm to MF. The guy selling the SQ-A to me here in Holland couldn't find his manual and the internet seems kind of impossible to find one ready for download.