Books on EOS 1N

gary w. graley

Since I'm getting an EOS 1N, the one bad part is there won't be a

manual with the camera, the fellow just doesn't have it.

I see some manuals for sale on ebay, man I've been going there a lot,

thanks to my daughters up and coming wedding! And wondered if I'd be

better off getting a book that covers the camera instead of the

manual, more info possibly in a better format?

If so, any recomendations?

Thanks,

G2

Here's a second vote for the Magic Lantern Guide. I bought their EOS-1n book, by Herbert Kaspar and Bob Shell, a few months ago for $19.95 from B&H. It's still listed on their site, at <a href="http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=productlist&A=details&Q=&sku=22664&is=REG">Canon EOS 1n Guide</a>, but is back-ordered. You can click a link on that page to have them notify you when it comes in.

Well, FedEx ground delivered the camera right on time today, this thing is a beasty boy for sure, has the powerdrive on it to make it a whopping handful. Only a slight problem, at the corner of the camera, on the back left side base, there is a fracture/crack in the plastic, I emailed the fellow I bought it from and he's out of town at the moment, his ebay ad said some minor scuffs but in excellent condtion, scuffs I don't mind, my quite old 620 body could pass for like new as I take extreme care of my stuff, but this makes me nervous for the life of this body, see the image, don't have a digital camera, used my flat bed scanner to attempt to scan the crack.

What do you guys/gals think? I shot a roll through the camera, seemed to function fine, shot another roll tonight at my daughters wedding rehearsal, sucker sure got heavy with bracket and 420ez flash on board! {:-> But it's a rugged camera for sure, made my 620 body feel like a point and shooter!

G2<div>006GIT-14910884.jpg.e17f2bf160a8c2490f6942be5a67558f.jpg</div>