Current state of Fuji Arizona mailer processing

I searched the archives and found a few posts that said it was bad a

few saying that it was good. They were all old posts over a year or

more. Maybe people tend to post when they have problems. I'll soon

have some E-6 to develop and wondered if anyone could share their

recent experience with using the Fuji mailers that go to Arizona.

I think A&I, Kodak(yes, Kodak) and Fuji are all about the same. From a quality standpoint they have all done well for me. Fuji and Kodak mounts are easier to use if you do a lot of scanning. A&I's are plain white, both date and shot number are embossed and not printed. When you scan and sort a bunch of slides this lack of a hint as to where the emulsion side is, gets old fast. A&I for me was the longest delivery by a wide margin (over a week longer). I'm on the east coast and Fuji and Kodak had A&I beat by over a week.

My best advice is try for a local lab. I have had consistently good results using a local camera chain in South Central PA. They send their slide work to someone in Reading, PA. I can get 2-3 day delivery and haven't had a quality problem yet. If I need faster, there are several good pro E-6 labs that offer 24 hour or better turn around time, for a slightly longer drive and a few more bucks.

I mailed my slide roll to Fuji Phoenix on a Friday and got them back two mondays later on the 6th of October (1 1/2 weeks). I also asked them to send the slides back as a strip, unmounted and uncut, and they honored the request.

I was very happy with the handling of the strips as there were no scratches or chemical stains. I cannot speak for the quality of their mounting process as I have not tried this yet.

You cannot beat the price - Fuji Sensia 100 film for 2 bucks and processing mailers for 4 bucks at Adorama comes to approx 6 bucks per roll. I will use this process again.<div>006BCp-14773784.jpg.3850f12ed4d3a66f932f7005d9993638.jpg</div>

I have used all 3 places. A&I is a little more expensive, but they are quick and can push process your film. They do a great job. They also handle 120/220 stuff. Fuji is cheeper, the times are reasonable and I have no complaints about the quality. I use them often. Kodak has lost more of my film the any of these people and I don't use them anymore.

• 2 weeks later...
I mailed 2 roles to Fuji in Phoenix 21 days ago. I just called the lab today. They said I should have them in a couple of more days. This is my first time using the pre-paid Fuji mailer service, and to say that I am disappointed would be an understatement. I mailed 4 other rolls 7 days ago and according to the Fuji rep I spoke to today, they still have not been received. I was told that because of 9/11, mail service is slow. I'm not sure who is slow, the postal service or Fuji. I live in California, so the distance in which my mail has to travel is not great. I'm holding onto several other rolls of film before sending them off. The $3.99 price plus a couple of stamps is certainly a great price. However, it seems one gets what one pays for, in this case lousy service.

• 2 weeks later...
well, i mailed them on 10.10.03, and just called them -- they are processing as we speak, the lady said. comforting... after 20 days... i feel homesick for my lab in barcelona, where i can get turnaround in 24 hours, $3.60, and pushing in free. oh, and they mount in cs frames for free, and have never screwed up once. but then, the US has this amazing service culture and is so productive, and Europe is so far behind, hahaha.

• 2 weeks later...