Large format dealers in Denver?

massimo_squillace

Waxmans went by the wayside in the corporate world and was acquired by Wolf Photo. The industrial shop downtown is a far cry from what it used to be for large format. Try Denver Pro Photo South near Alameda and Broadway, Wasatch on Federal, Englewood Camera in South Denver on Broadway and Mikes Camera in Boulder. Call ahead and find out what they have in Large Format as it is hit and miss with inventory new and used. Good Luck.

The previous post has all the right places to look, except Wasatch has closed

for good. I shoot 8x10 and with the exception of some old lenses and a shutter

release, none of these stores have much else. I spend $ locally when I can, but most

of the time Badger Graphic gets my loot. I would bring two of everything :) BTW the

traditional afternoon thunderstorms (and snow) are in full swing in the mountain

areas. Bring rain gear and warm clothes if your heading to high elevations.

mateo

An important law for nature shooters is that gear will only break (or jump into a

stream) in the most remote, farthest hiked, most photogenic locations. You will not

be near Denver when your gear breaks... Get your usual dealer to "next day express"

replacement gear to the nearest h/motel.

If you do happen to be near Denver, then <a href="http://

www.denverprophoto.com">Denver Pro Photo </a>is easy to get

to (off I25, South of I70, parking) - they don't have much in the way of LF lenses/

cameras, but do stock all of the film/holders/releases/filters/bags that you could

want.