Help !! some my slides has some fogging!

koh_boonwei

hi all,

i discovered recently some of my slides has this streak of white

fogging on top of the frame,it does not affect all my frames,only

randomly.Is this a major problem or just a simple fix ?i showed the

slides to my usual repair shop,the guy told me it is the lens problem

which i doubt so..

thanks !<div>005Y2X-13682484.jpg.a32169a50fde6d428d24d48b13128958.jpg</div>

That's lens flare, not fogging. Some lenses, especially wide angles and midrange zooms, are very prone to flare. I can see from the shadows of the figures in the photo that the sun would have been at just the right angle to produce lens flare.

Check out this thread and you'll find reports of the same problem with the same model lens:

http://www.photo.net/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg?msg_id=005XfR

You'll need a lens hood designed for that lens. Beyond that, either try to avoid shooting into the sun or other strong light sources, or learn to live with the flare.

There seems to be some very faint light leakage along the top edge of the camera back.

Why occassionally? Maybe only noticeable under intense ambient light (as appears to be the case in example foto) and/or when you have a frame left "standing" for too long.

It does not look like a lens problem to me. Flare looks different. Try with different lenses still.

The back plate may need to be refitted, take it to a service center for a checkup. Before doing that, cover the top edge with black electrician's adhesive tape and see if it still happens.

Some of slides that have this problem is taken under a covered walkway, will try the black tape method 1st before going to the repair shop again.

Perhaps someone who encountered the same problem as mine cares to shed some light on it ?

thanks !

Koh, you might want to check the foam around the film window on your camera's back. If the foam is raggedy, torn or missing it can cause fogging like this.The shape of the fogging in the second photo is consistant with the shape of the window . My N8008 had this problem and it was repaired quite easily and cheaply.

First of all, do you have another lens? If so, does the problem occur with the other lens(es) also?

It is hard to say for sure, but this looks more like light leak than lens flare. There are some good suggestions already. I would get the body checked, especially for leaks from the back side.

This time on a true-color display (so far had been looking in 256 color monitor). I'm just not sure it is a light leak. Could be flare as well. Hard to tell from scans.

Changing lenses and the blacktape method both need to be tried.