Anyone using the Ukrainian "NC2" prism on their hasselblad?

h._p.

I'm trying to decide whether or not to splurge £50 on one of these

but I've seen a lot of conflicting comments on its brightness and

usefullness. I'd be gratefull if anyone who has one could share their

thoughts.

It is bright enough and it is useful. I had to file away a little of the ground plate so that the film magazines fit tightly to the camera body. The ocular optics are not coated, so maybe it is not 100 % as bright as the Hasselblad NC2, but I have no comparison. From my experience however this prism is much more ergonomic than the old metered CDS-prism from Hasselbad. Buy it, test it, if you don't like it, sell it via an online auction. There is nothing to lose.

Ulrik

I got one brand-new in the box for $90 a while ago. Had to send back three of them until I got one I could use, and even it has visible lines where the prism faces meet (poor silvering?)like some of the ancient Nikon finders get after 35 years or so. But it's a nice prism. Nothing like my PM45 but a lot smaller for travelling.

I got mine 4 years ago at Atlanta's camera show. Brand new in the box and paid $90,00. It worked very well but, I used it maybe 2-3 times and went back to the waist level practice as I am not a "professional" photographer in "shooting" weddings or doing studio work. I am glad I did not spend a lot of money on one of the Hasselblad's prisms.