No / Few Words: Symmetry

Not many words, just some basic sins basics of composition:

Laurent: The horizon needs to be level.

Keith: I love mushrooms, however, it would make a much better composition were they not in dead center, and some of the rock masked off.

If we are going to show off our work, let's show the best we can do.

When I figure out how to post the pictures, you can take me apart. I would expect it. One will not improve unless one knows the shortcommings.

Happy shooting, Tony

Not many words, just some basic sins basics of composition:

Laurent: No matter what, the horizon needs to be level.

Keith: I love mushrooms, however, it would make a much better composition were they not in dead center, and some of the rock masked off.

If we are going to show off our work, let's show the best we can do.

When I figure out how to post the pictures, you can take me apart. I would expect it. One will not improve unless one knows the shortcommings.

Happy shooting, Tony

Anthony,

Personally, with regards to the mushroom shot, I like it as is. I'm not sure it would work if the mushrooms weren't centred. To confirm this, I downloaded the shot and played with the cropping and I like the composition as is. IMO the rule of thirds doesn't work here. The rock face is as beautiful as the mushrooms. In fact, as an experiment, I cloned out the mushrooms and the shot still stands up well. The symmetry of the rock face above and below the mushrooms is what makes it. The fungi are a bonus!

Regards,

Steve