a yashica mat em?

joseph_wasko

I recently purchases a yashica mat EM on ebay. While I am awaiting shipment, I am trying to find some info on this camera. Are there any users out there? I have not used a TLR in over 25 years. Is this model a good reentry candidate? Any responses appreciated.

I used a Yashica Mat as an entry level medium format camera (I recently sold it and bought a Bronica ETRS). The Yashica produced good results, but I wanted the flexibility of the modular Bronica system (interchangeable lenses, interchangeable filmbacks, etc). Close-up, wide-angle and telephoto lens sets are available for the Yashica, but they tend to be hard to find and rather expensive. Do a search using Yahoo! and you'll find at least one website of interest.

<p>

What is ebay?

I purchased an EM some time ago and have enjoyed using it very much. I was able to locate an instruction book which I'll be happy to copy and send to you if you'll send an SASE. Additionally, I found a replacement meter for mine which wasn't working and a telephoto set which I use in the studio for portraits. The Yashinon lens is clear and very sharp when used on a tripod, I truly believe you'll love the camera. Mike

• 3 years later...

I found a Yashica mat EM at a "junque" store last week. All mechanical functions, including the meter, seem to work, and it came with the case, but...no users manual. What can you expect for $5.00?? I've tried emailing Michael Langford, to see if I could get him to make me a copy of his manual, but had the email returned undelivered. Does anyone have a new email address for him, or a manual they can copy for me???

I'm in my first roll of film, anxious to see the outcome. This is my first venture into MF photography. The proof will be in the pics.