Any Toyo 45 owners want to trade for a revolving back?

audidudi

According to the Toyo website, their fancy-schmancy 360-degree

revolving back weighs a whopping 8 ounces more than their humble

vertical/horizontal reversible one.

Since I'm on a quest to make my Toyo 45G "field" camera (4x5 rear

standard, 2x3 front standard) as light as possible and don't need the

revolving feature thanks to my re-engineered mounting rail setup, I'm

willing to trade my revolving back even-up for a reversible back in

similar condition.

If any Toyo Field camera owners are interested in trading (or someone

has a reversible back they're willing to sell inexpensively), please

drop me a line.

Jeffrey: I don't know if it is what you want but I have a Toyo 45A field camera with a vertical/horizontal reversible back. It has a brand new ground glass/fresnel combination in it. I would be willing to talk trade. PS I tried to Email you directly but could not locate your Email address. Anyway let me know if this is of interest to you. Jim

Just a note to let everyone know that James and I were able to work out a deal to our mutual satisfaction as well as to remind everyone of what an incredible resource this community has become, despite the unfortunate change of venue. My girlfriend swore that I'd regret my decision to mail off a piece of my camera to someone I'd never met and trust him to make good on his promise to send me a piece of his in return, but I'm happy to report that she was wrong (this time, anyway!)

By the way, according to the high-zoot digital postal scale here at work, the revolving back (without ground-glass and carrier) weighs 12.5 ounces and the convertible back (also without the ground-glass and carrier) weighs 6.5 ounces. By my calculations, the weight difference between them is only six ounces and not the eight ounces that Toyo claims. (Also, part of the weight savings is due to the absence of the revolving back's bail mechanism, which is something I didn't realize until I actually had the convertible back in my hands. Not a big deal for me, fortunately, but possibly a big deal for someone else...)

Straight from Toyo's site: "180-820 (8705) 4x5 Reversable Back. Non-revolving back weights 8 ounces less than revolving back"

That said, even a six-ounce weight savings is worthwhile when it cost only $8.60 for postage and insurance. :^)