Budget slide projection

s._c.

Would anyone know if the Tower 9885 requires special trays for 2 1/4

as opposed to the regular 2x2 slides? I've heard this projector can

handle both. Otherwise, any information on the quality of the

Brumbergers? I was playing with the idea of trying to build a slide

holder for my old kodak 500 model A to use 6x6. Thanks for your

help.

If you're not opposed to spending about $150, you can get a used Kindermann of fairly recent vintage. And new trays for the Kindermann are about $11 apiece. The quality of the Kindermann, in all regards, will "tower" over the cheapies you mentioned. Sorry for not addressing your questions specifically.

Garvey says you can get a used Kindermann projector of fairly recent vintage for $150. If you can find one in good condition for that price I'd grab it in a hurry. Five years ago, I bought a new Kindermann for $1,100.00. I'm not sure that my Kindermann was now worth only $150 or so - but perhaps Garvey means a longer time ago then five years. Or perhaps the value of MF projectors has declined rapidly in recent years. I too cannot be helpful on the Tower or Brumberger projectors but can say that the Kindermann provides an excellent image.

I sold the Brumbergers and Golde projectors at retail in the 50's when they were new. they

were junk then.

the Tower was also available then and was the same quality. Of course, being in a retail

store, we could not sell them as Tower was a label used by Sears.

Yeah, I meant the 10-15 year range, from the looks of what's on eBay. They range from 150-200, typically. One sold for $36 recently--kicking myself for missing that one!

The newer ones (used) go for a bit more, like 400 or so.