Graphmatic slides out of Technika back

roger krueger

Just got a grafmatic, figured out all the arcanaties, except--when it's

actually in my Linhof (a Color Kardan, same back as Technika, even SAYS

Technika) and I try to pull out the "dark slide" or magazine, I end up

with about 50% chance of pulling the whole holder out of the camera

instead, unless I use my other hand to keep it in. Is this just how

things are, or am I missing something?

Is the Grafmatic seated properly? Is the lock rib on the Grafmatic very worn? The rib should keep it from sliding out.

Also, are you attaching it with the Graflok slides or slipping it under the back? If the latter, there should be enough spring tension to hold it in. If the former, be sure the slides are secure.

If your grafmatic is missing the rib, maybe we can have a grafmatic excange program. <a href="http://www.photo.net/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg?msg_id=004dsS">To lock the rib into my camera the other side of the matic rides up onto the camera back and lets a light leak in.</a> I was thinking about knocking the rib off so that I could push it in to the point where it doesn't jump off the back, and not have the ridge pull the grafmatic off of the back.

Thanks for all your answers--As I started examining my rib, and where on the camera it looked like it might fit, I realized that I had the #$%& rotating back 180 degrees from where it should be (no, there aren't any markings; the logotype is erect in vertical orientation). Once I was putting the grafmatic in the right end everything was just fine. (Other than, of course, my feeling like an utter moron) But I might have taken a lot longer to get to that point without you folks getting me thinking about the rib. It's also useful to know there are ribless ones out there to watch out for.