What Do You Do When You Need Inspiration???

james_driscoll2

Well, you can sit in a corner and count your blessings.

A woman who cares enough to let you explore yourself. A career as a published, or soon to be published, photographer. A space to explore who and what you are in this cosmos without a deadline of somewhat meaningless work ahead of you.

I chose NOT to explore photography as a full time profession because of feelings of 'Having to do something' in a field I love. So engineering pays the way, photography, merely one outlet of the self expression I feel everyday of my life.

So how do I deal with non-inspired moments?

Find a project. Don't put a deadline on it. If you finish it, you finish it. If it hits a premature death, so be it. You don't need the pressure of imposing deadlines on your creative life. And when the project is dead, either finished or aborted, look at it, see what you learned, evaluate how this thing has changed your life. If you didn't finish it, throw it away. (or you wind up with 275 unfinished projects just cluttering up your life, ask me, I know).

Inspiration will find you. In the meantime, you have practiced, polished, turned a corner or two.

Just remember, life isn't infinite,

good luck...

tim