I have decided to go with a mutiple EX flash setup for wedding

photography and on-site family portraits. Mainly because of its

portabilty and affordability. I am having a hard time finding info

on lighting setups using this system. I would love to see some

sample photos and positioning information. Does anyone know of any

websites that can provide this info?

Thanks in advance,

John

The reference above from N.K.Guy is based on the Flash Work brochure from Canon. It's very informative as a compilation of the features and capabilities of the E-TTL system but is not a tutorial on portrait lighting. There are some examples of complex multi-flash setups by professionals in the brochure but they are far beyond what you or I have a need or knowledge to duplicate. You may be able to get a copy of Flash Work by contacting Canon.

As for lighting setups, there are many books on the subject as well as an excellent tutorial at Zuga.net. Any of the classical techniques will work; basically there is nothing unique about the Canon E-TTL wireless multi-flash system except that it simplifies some of the tasks involved in setting up and using traditional studio flash equipment because it lets you dial up flash ratios and you don't need a flash meter because the camera meters for you automatically. This means that placement distance is not critical and relative power settings are controlled automatically.