Which M to let go.

Let me expand my answer. Of the three cameras I'd hang onto the M6. I am

saying that as a user of Leica M cameras. I own a number of M's going back to

the M2. I love those cameras. However, if I had to keep only one camera

(perish the thought) I'd have to keep the M6. For me and my photography, the

built-in meter is very important and makes it easier to shoot. Believe me, I

have shot thousands of rolls of transparencies (going back to Kodachrome II)

with my M2's and meter, but my preference if for the built-in meter of the M6. I

don't know about the "HexarRF" so I can't judge its' usefulness.

25 years from now the M4 will still be going strong, feel silky smooth, and work fine with whatever meter you own. The M6 may or may not, finding batteries may be iffy, and electronic parts for the meter may not be available. Your repair person will need help getting up off the floor when he/she finally stops laughing when you bring in your Hexar for sevice.

Hexar first. Then it's Sophie's Choice. I agree with others that the M6 is a better user camera due to the meter, but M4's are are not as common. My fear is that down the road you will regret parting with the M4.

Richard, is this a theoretical question or are you seriously considering selling one or two of your bodies? The M4 IMO is the most user-friendly, mechanically durable and exquisitely finished 0.72 body of all, even though it lacks a meter. If you decide to sell it, let me know.

When and how did you get them? What condition are they in? I think we need to know more before a really good opinion can be given. If you bought all new and they are still in good condition, I would definitely keep the M4.

It would help if you could give the reason why such a situation could arise. If it's money, then I suggest you dump the Hexar and also give up a few restaurant meals, or eat take out food. Then you won't have to get rid of any M bodies.

I would keep the M6 and sell the rest and here are the reasons:

Hexar RF: .58x finder too limited to wide angles but if you use a 28mm more than half the time then this is the one to keep.

M4: No meter (if that is important to you) and cannot accept a Rapidwinder.

M6: Metered; .72x finder and can accept a Rapidwinder which IMHO is the most important accessory out there along with Lutz's Shade.