Now that you've used it, what don't you like about the Minolta 7hi?

emaxxman

It's getting harder and harder to resist digital. After alot of

thought, I've decided that if I do make the plunge, I would like to

get the 7hi. I have a Minolta system and I can at least salvage my

5600hs flash if I get the 7hi.

I'm more interested in what you think the flaws are after actually

using it. I'm aware of what the pluses are based on all the

reviews. It's whether I think the flaws are bearable or not that

will be used to make my decision.

So I know that the Dimage 7 was known for being a battery hog. How

is the drain on the 7hi?

For those former SLR users, how have you adjusted to the 7hi's EVF.

That was something I didn't care for in the brief experience I had

with the 7hi in the camera store.

How about autofocus speed and continuous shooting speed. I currently

use a Maxxum 7. I know the 7hi won't compare but for the most part,

I'll just be shooting my kids running around with the digital. For

faster shooting situations, I'll still use the Maxxum 7.

Anything else you can provide would be great.

Thanks all in advance.

One of my friends has the Minolta 7hi. It "eats" batteries. Forget about the off-the-shelves batteries. Even the 1800 mAh rechargable batteries can't satisfy its desire. Most high end digital cameras should fit the general shooting purposes. Go to the review section of dpreview.com. You can find many info there.

Thanks for the recommendation but not interested in the Nikon. I've decided on the Dimage 7 line of cameras. Ideally I would wait for a digital Maxxum SLR. However, that doesn't seem like it's coming anytime soon.

I've read tons of official reviews. What I'm looking for is what are YOUR personal "hates" about it after using it for an extended period of time...not some reviewer's comments after using it for a day or 2.

> What I'm looking for is what are YOUR personal "hates" about it after using it for an extended period of time...

I've just checked with my friend. He's played with his 7hi daily for 3+ months. He likes the picture quality and layout of it. However, he REALLY hates its battery consumption rate. He chose it over the other brands because he had two Minolta flashes. He said he wouldn't recommend it unless you shoot a lot of flash photo and have already had the Minolta flash.

I couldn't stand the 5 and the 7 when I sold them. Clunky, slow and only modest image quality, nevermind the poor battery life. Although I can't lavish praise on the Nikon 5700 I would suggest it over this camera.

The Minolta feels well made because its heavy and the ones we had did not flex much when gripped, but they bang up easily and we saw many with damage one wouldn't expect from normal usage. And that wasn't many because they didn't sell well, which seemed to be quite an issue with them.