Canon FD Photo of the Month: May 2024

Let's see what you saw through those Canon FD, FDn, FL and R lenses. Please share your color and black & white images from any date.  Exposure details are fun and appreciated by all but not necessary.

A book's a great place to hide out in - Trevanian

BNSF 1571 leading a 5 unit lash-up, pops into the late afternoon sun as it cants hard into the high speed curve west of Catoosa, Oklahoma.

The Fireman gives me the obligatory eye-ball to be sure that the only thing I'm shooting way out here is a camera.  9/14/1998, three years after the BN/SF merger.

Canon A-1,  FDn 50/1.4,  Kodachrome 64. (processed by Kodalux, Dallas, Tx. :classic_smile:)

IMG_20240502_001.png.eb91c562e467d87b4c87965db7d3ad23.png

• Like 2
  • On Point 1

Spectacular display of the Northern Lights last night.  Unfortunately, clouds moved in for us, but I did manage to take a few pics.  The sensor sees more than the human eye, but the colors are good. A lot of reds!  Canon RP with FD 35/2.0.

spacer.png

• Like 4

I've had the T6i since 2016 but neglected it after 2018 when film processing was revisited. That marvelous FDn Macro 50/3.5 was my wife's favorite lens back when she so ably employed an AE-1. Since I almost invariably expose only black and white landscapes in film cameras, the macro was not used for decades. Now I've got a "new" toy and adapter to play with that doesn't involve negatives, chemicals, tanks, trays, enlarger and print paper. Yesterday was my first attempt with it. I didn't quite know what I was doing so I set the camera meter and lens to manual and got some okay results. Digital is so easy it feels like cheating. And there is the immediate gratification factor.

• Like 1

Four folks besides myself have posted some very nice photos this month so far. 513 have visited this month's thread. Of that number .97% have actually posted something. Just sayin''.

• Like 2

I didn't take this picture.  A friend of mine died several years back, and last weekend his daughter gave me a box of a few hundred old 35mm slides and negatives from the 1970's.  He shot with a F-1 and several FD lenses.  Here's one taken someplace in the American west.  Probably a FD 50/1.8 lens.

spacer.png

• Like 2
  • Yes! 1

One more from my (deceased) buddy.  Their old cat.  It really did have eyes that blue.  F-1 with (probably) an FD 100/4.0 Macro.  The Kodachrome slide was in terrible shape.  I managed to make it passable.

spacer.png

• Like 3