Film Camera Week for April 26

9 hours ago, Bettendorf said:

I have to agree that yours sings.  Good work.  Mine seems to just gurgle.  
I have never been satisfied with the image focus of either of my two that I bought new in 1980 and 1988.  How did you master hyperfocal skills when your only tools are:  Mountains, Whole People, and Half People?  The close up zone is very narrow and the other two are about the same.  All three photos are exceptional, especially the first one.

I think partly is due to faster speed film (ISO 200) and bright sunlight leads to smaller aperture, which provides more Depth of Field. 

I did practice zone focusing quite a bit, since I have too many zone focus cameras. :-) I even lined up my living room with 5 gym mats, each 3 feet wide. So I can practice 3, 6, 9, 12, 15 feet. If something falls in between, I just move myself so I can get to those "magic numbers".

• Like 3

On 4/29/2024 at 4:11 AM, bruce_z._li2 said:

I think partly is due to faster speed film (ISO 200) and bright sunlight leads to smaller aperture, which provides more Depth of Field. 

I did practice zone focusing quite a bit, since I have too many zone focus cameras. 🙂 I even lined up my living room with 5 gym mats, each 3 feet wide. So I can practice 3, 6, 9, 12, 15 feet. If something falls in between, I just move myself so I can get to those "magic numbers".

Wow...a method to the madness.. I just quess..  and if I have another camera with me, I will use it to get a distance reading. I also hope for a bit of hyper focal forgiveness.