Hello help needed please

dmcsniz

My dad gave me his Nikon d70s as he lost the charger to it years ago, i finally got a new charger and have fully charged the battery.

The camera turns on and takes pictures, the flash works, shutter sound etc the top display screen works but the lcd screen were you shoud be able to view your pictures wont turn on at all ive tried a lot of different things.

I have held the factory reset buttons down and theres no indication on the top screen that it factory resets (not sure if that would even work for the screen anyway)

Please help thank you

image_2024-04-24_101134573.png

image_2024-04-24_101143649.png

Just now, dmcsniz said:

Heya, i have the manual but theres nothing in it about the lcd display not working

My recollection is that there is a way to switch it off shown in the menu.  I do it with my newer Nikons.  Might be wrong, but if you go to trouble shooting it could be there.

8 minutes ago, Sandy Vongries said:

My recollection is that there is a way to switch it off shown in the menu.  I do it with my newer Nikons.  Might be wrong, but if you go to trouble shooting it could be there.

just plugged the camera into the t.v and no buttons work even with the t.v displaying for it (the directional buttons) etc

7 minutes ago, Sandy Vongries said:

Possibly someone with a D70 can help.  I haven't even handled one for 10 years.

Fingers crossed haha, thank you for your help I do appreciate it heaps

• Like 1

The D70S, in it's time, was a nice camera. It became the body of choice for British Road Speeding Cameras!

However, the price of a new charger was probably worth more than the camera. 

It's not viable to get it fixed, but if you're handy with a small screwdriver, have a look inside, just be very wary about the flash capacitor.

This gives you a teardown for IR conversion...

https://www.lifepixel.com/tutorials/infrared-diy-tutorials/nikon-d70-d70s

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mike_halliwell said:

The D70S, in it's time, was a nice camera. It became the body of choice for British Road Speeding Cameras!

However, the price of a new charger was probably worth more than the camera. 

It's not viable to get it fixed, but if you're handy with a small screwdriver, have a look inside, just be very wary about the flash capacitor.

This gives you a teardown for IR conversion...

https://www.lifepixel.com/tutorials/infrared-diy-tutorials/nikon-d70-d70s

I was thinking this thank you 🙂 the charger was only about $30 nzd and a new battery is only $24 nzd